Saturday, 29 June 2013
The Buck & Dog
This is the top of the doorway to the Buck & Dog.
The Buck and Dog was an old coaching inn next to Lancashire Bridge over the River Mersey. In 1770 it was the house of call for the press gangs. In the mid 1980s it was demolished along with the bridge when the river Mersey was culverted under the Merseyway Shopping Centre. The ornamental doorway was incorporated into Barclay's Bank on Percy Street.
For a wider view of the doorway see Geograph.
A contribution to The Weekend in Black and White.