Tuesday 13 October 2015

George V postbox at Stockport Station


In the wall by the steps up to Platform 1 at Stockport Station is a postbox with a GR cypher for the reign of George V. I'd never noticed it until recently as it is a little tucked away and then again I more often than not arrive on a different platform and take the lift down to the subway rather than the stairs.


Next to the postbox which is labelled SK3 101 is a No Smoking notice that points out that even the open air sections are a no-smoking area.

A contribution to Ruby Tuesday and Our World Tuesday.


6 comments:

  1. I love finding different post boxes and pillar boxes. My post today has a section on this very subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting, never having seen so many things being from a rural area. I learn so many things from others sharing like you did thank you
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting photos - lots of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be heading to Starbucks after mailing my letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a rare Edward VIII postbox on the corner of Fylde Road and Mauldeth Road in Heaton Mersey, as I'm sure you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's looking well cared for, even if it is a bit out of the way.

    ReplyDelete